Saturday, April 4, 2015

Today, I am thankful.

               
                                '' What if you woke up with only the things you thanked God for yesterday ?'' 

Kun katselee päivittäin kipua silmästä silmään alkaa oma elämä näyttää äkkiä ihan toiselta. Kun vierellä ei ole ketään joka oikeasti kuuntelee ja välittää, eikä itsenäinen syöminen puhumattakaan suihkussa käynnistä onnistu ja joku muu valitsee jopa vaatteet mitä milloinkin laittaa päälle niin siinä sitä sitten istuu vierellä ja hiljaa kysyy että mistä oma onnellisuus kumpuaa ? Osaisinko löytää kiitollisuuden aiheita silloinkin kun elämä potkii päähän ja kaikin puolin näyttää ettei niitä ole ? Kiitollinen sydän on kuitenkin henkilökohtainen valinta. 
Viime syksynä Filippiineillä ollessani painiskelin saman aiheen kanssa mutta tosin hieman eri tilanteessa. Osittain se jopa hämmensi ettei osa tuolla reissulla tapaamistani ihmisistä fyysisesti omistanut juuri mitään mutta se ei estänyt onnellisuutta. Hymyä. Kiitos Jumala. Tuleppa siitä sitten takaisin Suomeen ja siihen opittuun materialismiin. Kaveri vieressä valittaa kun ei ole rahaa ostaa uusinta Iphonea ja kaikki muukin on suurinpiirtein huonosti. Pessimisti ei pety ja kiitollisuus on yliarvostettua. Välillä joudun heräämään tajuamaan että omakaan asenne ei ole ehkä sitä mihin syytä olisi. Mutta kun ei se ole helppoa. Eikö?
Kuitenkin näen kokoajan ihmisiä joilla on tietyn mittarin mukaan asiat paljon minua huonomalla mallilla, mutta se ei estä naurua eikä kiitollista mieltä. Kun oppis ottamaan oman elämän sellaisena kun sen on saanut, siunauksena. 
Tää on hyvä just näin. Kiitos. 


                               '' It is not happy people who are thankful, it is thankful people who are happy.''


When looking into the eyes of pain day after day your own life suddenly starts to look quite different that it used to before. When there is nobody by your side who would listen and actually care, you can't eat either shower alone and somebody else chooses the clothes you're going to wear each day -  I'm just starting to look to my own life and asking myself where does my own happiness come from? Would I be able to find reasons to be thankful for even when it seems like there is none. Thankful heart is nothing else but a daily choice. 
Last autumn when I was in the Philippines I was going through these same questions in my mind, even though the situation was a little different. Some of the people I met there had basically nothing but yet that never kept them from being happy. It never stopped them from smiling. God, Thank you for this day. And then coming back to Finland to the materialism already learned as a kid... People having everything you could ever ask for but yet in every good thing they would always find something to whine about. What ? Sometimes I even realize to myself that maybe my attitude is not the most appreciative which it surely should be. I've been blessed with so many good things and still I see people with not much being extremely thankful. No matter where we're at or what we've been given to all of us has reasons to thank for, but it's our personal choice how to live that out. I want to life my life to the fullness because I tell you what, I'm one blessed girl. 


                             '' As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is                                                                                                                                   not to utter words, but to live by them. '' 





No comments:

Post a Comment